Subject knowledge or experience
Trainers who deliver Level 2 Award in Forklift Truck Operations (RQF) must hold the following:
- A valid teaching qualification as described below.
- A current valid certificate that is updated annually from an approved Dementia Care programme provider that can confirm the trainer’s abilities and skillset.
- A full valid UK Driving Licence.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Certificate in Education (CERT ED)
- Diploma in Education (DIP ED)
- Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector (PTLLS)
- Certificate in teaching in the lifelong learning sector (CTLLS)
- Diploma in teaching in the lifelong learning sector (DTLLS)
- Master of Arts in Education (MA ED)
- Master of Arts in Professional Development, Education and Training (MA PDET)
- Professional trainer certificate
- IHCD Instructional methods course
- Level 3 or 4 NVQ Learning and Development
- CIPD Certificate in Learning Practice
- Trainers have 3 years front-line operational experience (relevant to their delivery of training) within the last 10 years.
- Undertake and be active in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in order to keep their occupational expertise up to date. As guidance, a minimum of 30 hours CPD activity each year is required with evidence made available upon an External Quality Assurance visit. Suitable CPD activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attending relevant training events, conference as seminars
- Continuing work experience within their sector
- Increasing professional knowledge through home study
This is not an exhaustive list, therefore if your teaching or training qualification is not listed, please contact us.
Note: This list is not exhaustive.
No formal Trainer/Assessor qualifications
It is recognised that trainer/assessors may not hold formal qualifications but may have significant experience in undertaking these roles. It is expected that the trainer/assessors be registered and working towards formal qualifications within one year and that the qualifications are gained within two years.
During this period a portfolio should be maintained and include details of knowledge and experience gained and the time period over which they were applied, and any contributing training undertaken and the learning outcomes achieved. There should be evidence that the individual has conducted at least two practical and two theoretical first-aid training/assessing sessions under the supervision of a qualified assessor.