Internal Quality Assurers must:
Meet the criteria of the trainer as listed.
- Have working knowledge of the requirements of the qualification they are quality assuring at the time any assessment is taking place
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the role of assessors
- Visit and observe assessments and carry out other related internal quality assurance
Note: It is understood that not all IQAs will be qualified initially, and that sufficient time should be considered to achieve these qualifications. During this time centres should ensure that IQAs are following the principles set out in the current Learning and Development NOS 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Assessment. This could be evidenced by holding a qualification such as:
- SQA Accredited Learning and Development Unit 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Workplace Assessment
- RQF Qualifications based on the Learning and Development NOS 11 Internally Monitor and Maintain the Quality of Assessment
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF)
- V1 or D34
Note: This list is not exhaustive.